2/05/2012

LAUGHING at thewinekone (Digital Painting)


The photo you see above is my tribute to a man who is terribly underrated on YouTube, which is a shame because he has been producing quality, comedic videos since the site begun. He is Tony Huynh, a.k.a. thewinekone, and his jokes go above and beyond to the point where your so uncomfortable, the only response is laughter. This digital painting was first seen as a "sneak peak" in my digital painting tutorial video, and now the scene is complete, all five Tonys. My biggest challenge with this digital painting, and all my paintings, is finding the right balance between painting and photo, as once you add too many layers of detail, it begins to look too real. I originally drew Tony holding the painting and licking it, but that was a level of creepy only thewinekone could pull off. I hope you all enjoy this video, and I hope Tony likes it too!

Watch the video here:


"Oh wow. At first I was like, those pencil drawings look terrible. But then I was, oh. It's actually quite good now!" - Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment